November 26, 2021
The Buyout database in this version is not compatible with the previous release (2.0.75). After installation, use Buyout Database Manager to upgrade the database.
- Compatibility (32bit & 64bit) – All versions of Buyout are fully compatible with both the 32bit and 64bit editions of Sage Estimating. The new ‘Update Estimating’ functionality will use the appropriate architecture (32bit or 64bit) when connecting with the Sage Estimating API.
- Update Estimate – Pricing from quotes that have been committed can now be written back to Sage Estimating in order to update the estimate so that it will reflect the committed values. This function can be found on the Commit step of the navigation bar. The user may select the specific commitments to use to update the estimate. In addition, an option is provided to make a copy of the estimate prior to updating it. Sage Estimating must be installed on the same computer where Buyout is installed in order to use this feature.
- Log File Maintenance – Buyout creates a new log file for each day. Over time, this can result in the accumulation of a large number of log files. Since older logs do not generally serve a purpose, Buyout will now automatically remove log files that are older than 30 days.
- View Log – A new “View Log” button has been added to the Help tab of the ribbon. This will display the current log in the default text editor (i.e., Notepad).
- RFQ Scope of Work – The Scope of Work for the Quote Group is now included on the default Request for Quote form.
- Keep Vendor Pricing – In previous versions, the option to keep vendor pricing only applied when items were being automatically assigned to a quote group at the time of import. Now, if an item is not automatically assigned to a quote group but has a vendor identified, along with pricing, a quote group will be created using the name of the vendor, a quote will be added to the quote group for the vendor, and the vendor pricing from the estimate will be used.
- Resolved an issue on the ‘Select Vendors’ tab where clicking on a quote in the tree may result in no information being displayed if the user had not previously clicked on the quote group node. This issue has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where invalid rounding properties from the estimate would lead to an error. Specifically, if the rounding method was set to a value other than “None” but no rounding increment was specified. Now, if no rounding increment is specified, the rounding method is assumed to be “None” regardless of what it is actually set to.
- Resolved an issue where attempts to write to the log during startup could fail in some instances.
- Resolved an issue where items would be skipped while importing if the item was associated with an Alternate and the Alternate did not reference an AlternateStatus. This issue has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where, after switching views on the Group Items tab, if the quote group of an item was changed, the new value would not be displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- Resolved an issue where the item summary grid would not automatically refresh to show current amounts after applying stored pricing or after applying the estimated pricing. Now, all grids refresh automatically as expected in response to these actions.
- Resolved an issue where an exception would be logged (regarding a length that cannot be zero) when using a view that contains items in the tree having no code value (i.e., only a description).
- Resolved an issue for Sage 100 Contractor where an exception would arise indicating that the Percent column is not part of the table being queried. This pertained to the percent associated with a tax code and has been resolved.